Please read the entire Terms and Conditions below before continueing.
Terms & Conditions
Please read all of the Terms & Conditions. Lauree Jane Schloss of Lauree Jane Photography will be referenced as the Photographer. You will be referenced as the Client.
1. Reservation Retainer. A $100 (plus tax) non-refundable reservation retainer fee is required to hold your date. The reservation fee will go towards the session fee. This retainer is payable via PayPal only.
2. Cancellation and Rescheduling. Rescheduling up to 1 week in advance of the session date is permissible and your reservation retainer fees will carry over to the new date/time agreed upon between the Photographer and the Client. Cancellations or rescheduling within 1 week of the session date will result in forfeiture of the reservation retainer fee. The Photographer maintains the right to reschedule if needed due to inclement weather, illness, emergency, etc. Requests for rescheduling or re-shoots are granted only at the Photographer's discretion.
3. Session Fees. The Session fee (less reservation retainer fee if paid) is due AT OR BEFORE the time of session.
4. Session Time. Newborn sessions include 2 to 3 hours. Maternity sessions include 1 hour. Kids and family sessions include 1 to 2 hours. Portrait sessions include 30 minutes. The Photographer reserves the right to bill each additional half hour at the rate of $50 per half hour.
5. Payment. Credit Card, PayPal, or Cash accepted. No part of any order, including previews, will be delivered until the balance is paid in full. Due to the artistic nature of custom photography all sales are final.
6. Travel and Additional Fees. The Client is responsible for covering additional fees and costs related to location choice (admission fees, parking, etc.). Travel up to 25 miles from 16506 is included. There is an additional $1 per mile beyond the 25-mile radius. Time and travel above this will be invoiced (contact me for pricing).
7. Number of Photos. There is no guarantee of the number of images delivered from a session. Many factors contribute to this, including the cooperativeness of the subject. The Photographer reserves the right to choose the best photos from the session to provide to the Client watermarked in their online gallery. Generally, the Photographer will choose the numbers of photos based on the session type, however, THE NUMBER OF IMAGES ARE IN NO WAY GAURUNTEED. The Photographer reserves the right to delete any unselected photos. Unedited/unselected photos will NOT be available for viewing or purchase and the photographer reserves the right to delete such photos.
8. Client Gallery. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, within TWO WEEKS after the session, the Photographer will post the watermarked images in an online gallery. The Client may request to have the gallery password protected.
9. Modifications. The Photographer can address minor change requests at no cost (fix minimal blemishes, tighter crop, etc.), but more involved requests are billed at $35/hr. The Photographer will let you know if there will be extra charges before work begins. Once the requested changes are made, charges apply regardless of whether the final product is purchased.
10. Digital Images. Downloadable high-res retouched JPG session photos are included in every package. Unselected digital photos, that are not in the gallery, will not be for sale and will not be shown to the Client. The Photographer will provide the Client with a password to download the high-res JPG images right from their online gallery. The Photographer will also provide the Client with a digital print release document. To ensure the best print quality, avoid altering the images before printing. The Photographer is not responsible for printing errors or for quality of prints or products printed. The Client receives unlimited non-commercial private use of the photos. The Photographer maintains all copyrights of the images and the Client may not sell the digital images commercially.
11. Electronic Devices. Cameras, cell phone cameras, and camcorders are not permitted during sessions.
12. Copyright and Reproduction. The Photographer will own the copyright in all images created and shall have the exclusive right to make reproductions. The Photographer shall only make reproductions for the Client or for the Photographer’s portfolio, samples, self-promotions, entry in photographic contests or art exhibitions, editorial use, or for display within or on the outside of the Photographer’s studio. If the Photographer desires to make reproductions for other uses, the Photographer can do so without obtaining the written permission of the Client. All images are copyright under the Federal Copyright Laws and subject to fines of up to $150,000 if breaking those laws. By signing this contract, you are agreeing to not copy, save, or reproduce images in any way unless digital rights have been purchased (see number 10). This includes copying and saving images from the website, blog, Facebook, or any other form of advertisement. The Photographer retains the copyright on all images (even those purchased by the Client as digital downloads) and reserves the right to use the images for advertising, display, publication, or other purposes. Negatives, digital files and previews remain the exclusive property of the Photographer. Under no circumstances, can a client use the images for profit, commercial endeavors, professional display, or in competitions. Copying or scanning images from the Client's gallery, the Photographer's website or Facebook page is considered stealing, regardless of the intent for use. NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT: It is ILLEGAL to redistribute these photographs for profit or use other than private consumption without the Photographer’s permission, and violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties.
13. Model Release. The Photographer may use images with or without the Client’s name for any lawful purposes, including but not limited to publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content. The Photographer may use the images without additional compensation to the Client. I am of full age and have the right to contract in my own name. The Client signing this contract warrants that he or she has actual authority to agree to the use of the likeness of all persons included in the portrait in this manner and shall indemnify and defend the Photographer in the event of litigation arising out of such use.
14. Parent or Guardian Model Release. I am the parent or guardian of any minor child named listed and I have the legal authority to execute this release on behalf of the child or children. In consideration of the child’s engagement as a model and for other valuable consideration received, I give the Photographer and photographer’s heirs, legal representatives, and assigns the irrevocable, perpetual, and unrestricted right to take and use photographs of the child named taken by the Photographer in all forms, media and manners, in conjunction with the child’s or a fictitious name, for advertising, trade, promotion, exhibition, or any other lawful purposes. I waive any right to review or approve the photographs, the use of the photographs, or the matter that may be used in conjunction with the photographs now and in the future, regardless of whether that use or matter is known to me. I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the photographs. I release, discharge, and agree to hold harmless photographer and photographer’s heirs, legal representatives, and assigns from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form, whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking, processing, or publication of the Photographs. This release shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives, and assigns.
15. Liability. Client is aware that the quality of the end result print of the digital files delivered is not under the control of the Photographer and frees the Photographer from any liability for any claims whatsoever based upon discoloration in the end result print. The Photographer is not responsible for the quality of services provided by other vendors.
16. Failure to Perform. If the Photographer cannot perform this Agreement due to a fire or other casualty, strike, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to the Photographer’s illness, then the Photographer shall return the retainer to the Client but shall have no further liability with respect to the Agreement. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or computer malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer. In the event the Photographer fails to perform for any other reason, the Photographer shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the Client’s order.